Advance your orthopaedic career by staying current on the latest innovations in the musculoskeletal field.
AAOS Associate Membership gives you access to thousands of instructional courses, webinars, and specialty content trainings to support you as you continue your training and build your skills.
Applications now open for the Class of 2022.
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2021.
We encourage you to apply early.
Eligibility for Associate Membership
To be eligible for AAOS Associate Membership, you must meet the following requirements:
- For three years immediately prior to induction, devote your medical practice exclusively to orthopaedic surgery or engage in the teaching of orthopaedic surgery or research related to the musculoskeletal system
- Maintain a full, unrestricted, and unlimited license to practice medicine in either the United States or Canada (the country in which you practice), or provide evidence of full-time medical service in the federal government which does not require a medical license
- U.S. trained orthopaedic surgeons who were eligible but did not sit for the ABOS, AOBOS, or RCPSC examination or who failed the examination are explicitly excluded from this membership classification
- Internationally trained orthopaedic surgeons are eligible for this membership classification
- Comply with the AAOS Standards of Professionalism
Application Quick Facts
October 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021
$350 one-time processing fee is due at the time of application
2022 dues for Associate Members is $1,055.
Realize Your Potential With Associate Membership
Stay Informed With CORR
Access the latest peer-reviewed clinical and basic research, plus informed opinions via commentaries and author reviews that shape today’s orthopaedic practice -- across all aspects of musculoskeletal treatment with Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research (CORR).
Learn & Network
Gain international exposure and learn new skills at the AAOS Annual Meeting. View papers and posters and hear from experts from around the world at Instructional Course Lectures, TechTalks, Symposia, and more. Also available OnDemand and via our Virtual Experience.
Advance Your Surgical Skills
Advance your surgical specialty skills at your own pace with Orthopaedic Video Theater (OVT) by watching and saving quality videos. Gain international recognition with the newest feature, OVT Now, by submitting your own orthopaedic technique videos and lectures.
Keep Current With JAAOS
Hear from worldwide experts and stay up-to-date with high quality original research, clinical trials, case reports, and review articles with JAAOS, JAAOS Global, JAAOS Research, JAAOS CME, plus listen to yellow journal authors while on-the-go with the JAAOS Unplugged podcast.
Improve Patient Safety
Improve clinical decision-making, patient discussions, and patient safety with resources like the Pain Alleviation Toolkit, Surgical Risk Reduction Toolkit, Clinician Checklists and more. Enhance your patient education with quality articles, videos, and handouts on Orthoinfo.org.
Learn the Latest Techniques
Find step-by-step details on new and established surgical techniques with your free access to the Techniques Journals. Access our online learning platform for play-by-play, self-directed programs that provide real-world applications from actual patient cases and complications.
What Is Your Associate Membership Worth?
Associate Membership offers incredible value. Membership will provide you with a range of exclusive products, programs, services, and discounts that will help improve your patient care and support the success of your practice.
What You Need To Know When Applying for Associate Membership
All applications are reviewed and approved first by the Membership Council and then by the AAOS Board of Directors each September. Applicants are approved and accepted as a “class” each year in October.
The full application process can take 10 to 12 months, so we encourange you to apply early.
We strongly suggest having approximately 60 minutes without interruptions to complete your application.
If you are unable to complete the application in one sitting, you will need to keep your browser session open to return to the form and continue.
Before you begin your application, have the following information and documents gathered:
- Digital head-shot photo (jpeg to upload)
- Sponsor names, practice, address and phone information (sponsors must be Active AAOS Fellow Members)
- Certification and practice Information
- Medical education, residency, and fellowship information
- Hospital and teaching affiliation(s)
- License(s) and practice history
- Medical society memberships
- Curriculum vitae (PDF to upload)
Membership Dues for the AAOS Associate Class of 2022
AAOS Membership runs on the calendar year, January 1 to December 31. If accepted, your membership dues for 2022 of $1,055 will be due January 1, 2022. Associate Membership is a continuous membership, meaning dues are automatically billed every October for the upcoming membership cycle.
Do You Have Questions or Need Assistance?
Please contact our Customer and Member Service Team or call us at 800-626-6726 today.