Lifelong orthopaedic learning is at the core of the Academy’s mission. Significant portions of our resources are dedicated to helping members continue to expand their knowledge, skills and acumen. We provide courses, conferences, symposia, webinars, assessment tools, print and digital publications and more focused on orthopaedic surgery and subspecialty practices. These resources are designed to support building your competency and performance throughout your career.
The premier educational event of the year, the AAOS Annual Meeting is full of opportunities to learn more about every aspect of orthopaedic surgery practice, including scientific and poster presentations, symposia, technical exhibits, Specialty Day, and much more. Free advance registration to the AAOS Annual Meeting is a benefit of AAOS membership.
This website helps you track CME credits you have earned to comply with MOC requirements through AAOS programs by consolidating the vast selection of educational products offering CME. It also offers alerts to keep you up-to-date with your CME and MOC status.
Help With Board Certification and Maintenance of Certification
AAOS offers a wide array of educational resources that qualify for credit toward Maintenance of Certification – all available at a discount to AAOS members.
- Orthopaedic Knowledge Update. OKU is the most relevant and up-to-date resource in orthopaedic patient care today. Earn up to 70 Category 1 CME Credits with the OKU Home Study Program.
- Self-Assessment Examinations. Earn credits to fulfill your MOC requirements with convenient Scored and Recorded and Self-Scored self-assessment examinations.
- AAOS Board MOC Preparation and Review Courses. Intense review of general orthopaedic practices and advances across all specialties.
AAOS offers a variety of courses, self-assessments, and review resources to prepare you for the Orthopaedic-In-Training Examination and American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Part 1 Examination.
- AAOS Orthopaedic Board Preparation and Review Course. Focused review sessions and an online study site with recorded lectures, self-assessment and testing tips.
- AAOS Comprehensive Orthopaedic Review. Sweeping coverage of core orthopaedic knowledge and online access to the text and study questions.
- ResStudy Examinations. Gain unlimited access to 10 special interest self-assessment examinations, preferred responses, discussion and PubMed links.
Discounts on Products and Courses
AAOS members save 35% or more on a wealth of resources to keep up with the latest in clinical knowledge and practice as well as effective management for the business of orthopaedic surgery. From traditional print books to mobile apps, we offer the most highly regarded resources that give you in-depth knowledge related to every area of orthopaedic surgery, including all subspecialties.
- eBooks. Hundreds of ebooks, including many of the educational titles you’ve come to rely on.
- Digital Products. Online, audio/visual and multimedia products help you maintain your professional competency.
- Print Books. Peer-reviewed publications present clinical, coding and practice management information.
AAOS members save 20% or more on AAOS educational events, conferences and webinars. Find the latest details on more than 50 AAOS educational offerings, held throughout the country, at the OLC Education and Conference Center and right in your home.
- Surgical Skills Courses. Work side-by-side with renowned orthopaedic surgeons in the Academy’s new state-of-the-art surgical skills facility.
- Comprehensive Courses. Evidence-based, unbiased instruction on the latest clinical topics.
- International Education Programs. Developed by AAOS in collaboration with international orthopaedic societies.
- Live Webinars on a variety of clinical and practice management topics.