AAOS Leadership Institute (ALI) - Level 3
The curriculum for ALI Level 3 focuses on providing you with the knowledge and skills that are critical to becoming a strong AAOS committee chair. In addition to online learning modules and webinars, participants benefit from formal one-to-one mentoring with a longstanding AAOS volunteer leader.
Beginning in spring 2021, Level 3 will be open to 20 top-performing AAOS volunteers each year. Participants must apply through the Committee Appointment Program (CAP) to be considered for the Level 3.
Online Learning Modules
- Effective Meetings
- Difficult Conversations
- Transformational Leadership
- Financial Acumen
Learn by Experience
- Formal one-to-one mentoring program
- Annual Meeting attendance and networking
- Service on an AAOS volunteer committee
Prerequisites for ALI Level 3 Participation
To be eligible to apply for Level 3 you must:
As ALI evolves over the next few years, completing Level 3 will become a prerequisite for applying for an AAOS committee chair position.
- Complete all online modules
- Attend five of six live webinars
- Attend AAOS Annual Meeting two of the last three years
- Complete four total years of committee service
- Be listed as a CAP application reference
- Be available as an ALI Level 2 informal mentor
Each level of the ALI Program is a prerequisite to serve at a higher level of governance. Members who are serving or have served in governance positions may be exempt from some ALI program levels. Exemption eligibility is determined by specific guidelines.
Members will be informed through email whether they are exempt from any portion of the program. For specific information regarding your exemption eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.