Based on member input and a thorough analysis of the issues, make recommendations as to the role of the Academy in the areas of technology assessment.
1. Comply with the Strategic Plan as adopted by the Board of Directors, and ensure that the organization-wide goals of unity and diversity are considered in all activities.
2. Determine if it is feasible and practical for the AAOS to participate in technology assessment.
3. Develop evidence-based methods to assess new orthopaedic technologies.
4. Using these evidence-based methods, develop recommendations for the use of new orthopaedic technologies.
5. Publicize these recommendations to AAOS members, payers, and policy makers.
Council on Research, Quality Assessment, and Technology
Nine (9) members
Term of Office
Two (2) years, or until the project team's work is finished. Eligible for reappointment.
Staff Liaison (title)
Director, Department of Research and Scientific Affairs