Advocacy Resource Committee
Carry out the unified advocacy agenda as set by the Council on Advocacy, and respond in a rapid manner to regulatory and legislative issues as they arise.
1. Comply with the Strategic Plan as adopted by the Board of Directors, and ensure that the organization-wide goals of unity and diversity are considered in all activities.
2. Implement, in coordination with other AAOS Councils and Committees, the relationships with Federal agencies, including liaisons and nominations to Federal Commissions and Councils.
3. Implement, in coordination with other AAOS Councils and Committees, the interaction and communication, including comments to the Federal Register regulations, Congressional testimony, and all media and public communications.
4. Identify and assist in the training of AAOS Fellows as spokespersons, and recommend to the AAOS Presidential Line when it is appropriate for the AAOS to respond in a public manner to legislative and regulatory activities.
5. Develop materials in coordination with AAOS Councils and Committees for those responsible for commenting on health policy legislative and regulatory issues in the public arena.
Reports to the Council on Advocacy
Nine (9) Members
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)