Trauma Instructional Course Committee
Grades ICL applications in June. Provides input to the Central Instructional Courses Committee as to course curriculum. Give feedback and suggestions regarding faculty. Evaluates courses at the Annual Meeting.
- Review and grade all new IC Applications within the context of current offerings.
- Evaluate Instructional Courses in this category during Annual Meeting.
- Evaluate the course offerings within the subspecialty for balance of curriculum, including redundancies, appropriate emphasis on each topic, and recommendations for courses in topics that are not adequately covered.
- Assist Specialty Societies with co-branded topics.
- Advise Central IC Committee regarding faculty selection and moderator for courses that have completed three-year cycle.
- Advise Central IC Committee regarding courses with low evaluations.
- Committee chair to serve as the Editorial Chair for the ICL volume in the appropriate classification.
- Committee members to serve as the Editorial Board for the ICL volume in the appropriate classification.
NOTE: Committee members must attend the Annual Meeting during their tenure and serve as critical evaluators in the Academy's educational sessions during the meeting. The committee members will attend the Annual Meeting at their own expense as is consistent with the AAOS Travel Policy.
Reports to the Central Instructional Courses Committee (7827)
Number varies by committee
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)