1. Comply with the Strategic Plan as adopted by the Board of Directors, and ensure that the organization-wide goals of unity and diversity are considered in all activities.
2. Develop and monitor communication vehicles and programs for content distribution to patients/public.
3. Assign appropriate communication vehicles for distribution of content.
4. Provide volunteer oversight for the public and media relations initiatives and serve as a strategic planning body to develop goals and objectives for all public and media relations programs.
5. Coordinate public relations efforts at the national, regional, state and local levels.
6. Establish partnerships with state orthopaedic and specialty societies to foster and support integrated public relations for the benefit of the orthopaedic community.
7. Foster, support and maintain a cadre of trained spokespersons to support the AAOS' communications and public relations goals and objectives.
8. Establish criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of the public relations projects and programs of the Academy/Association.
9. Research and track evolving Internet communications/technology opportunities for public and media relations programs.
10. Provide regular reports of progress and plans to the Communications Cabinet
Reports to the Communications Cabinet Chair
Slotted Seat - Chair, Patient Education Committee
Member - LFP Graduate
Volunteer Internet Expert (1-2)
Member at Large (5)
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for reappointment for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for reappointment for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Manager, Public Relations
Last updated: 12/18/06