Serve as the appellate body for the AAOS Professional Compliance Program and make recommendations on professional compliance actions to the Board of Directors.
1. Comply with the Strategic Plan as adopted by the Board of Directors, and ensure that the organization-wide goals of unity and diversity are considered in all activities.
2. Act consistent with Article VIII of the Association Bylaws.
3. Serve as the appellate body for the AAOS Professional Compliance Program to hear and adjudicate those professional compliance complaints for which an appeal from the Committee on Professionalism Hearing Panel recommendation has been requested.
4. Review documents related to Fellows' failure to comply with the requirements for Fellowship or Membership as a result of limitations or restrictions of any right associated with the practice of medicine.
5. Develop written recommendations of professional compliance actions to be taken on appeal by the Board of Directors.
Reports to the Board of Directors.
Six (6) Members
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for multiple two-year reappointments with maximum term limit of ten years. For members, two (2) years and eligible for multiple two-year reappointments with maximum term limit of ten years. In addition, the expectation is that members of the Judiciary Committee will continue with a specific Respondent and complaint until the matter reaches a final disposition, even after the expiration of their term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Last updated: 6/13/15