Committee on Professionalism
Oversee all aspects of the AAOS Professional Compliance Program, including expert witness issues. Conduct hearings on filed professional compliance grievances and develop recommendations for the Board of Directors.
1. Comply with the Strategic Plan as adopted by the Board of Directors, and ensure that the organization-wide goals of unity and diversity are considered in all activities.
2. Act consistent with Article VIII of the Association Bylaws.
3. Oversee the AAOS Professional Compliance Program, including expert witness issues.
4. Conduct objective, substantive review of all professional compliance complaints filed by AAOS Fellows and Members, and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
5. Review proposed Standards of Professionalism and develop recommendations for the Board of Directors and the Bylaws/Standards of Professionalism Oversight Committee.
Reports to the Board of Directors
Ten (10) Members - as needed for Grievance Activities
Term of Office
For Chair, two (2) years; eligible for multiple two-year reappointments with maximum term limit of ten years. For Members, two (2) years and eligible for multiple two-year reappointments with maximum term limit of ten years. In addition, the expectation is that members of the Committee on Professionalism will continue with a specific Respondent and complaint until the matter reaches a final disposition, even after the expiration of their term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Last updated: 6/13/14