Your Orthopaedic Connection
1. Comply with the Strategic Plan as adopted by the Board of Directors, and ensure that the organization-wide goals of unity and diversity are considered in all activities.
2. Provide volunteer oversight for the content development, design and marketing of Your Orthopaedic Connection (YOC), the AAOS patient education Web site.
3. Serve as a strategic planning body to develop goals and objectives for Your Orthopaedic Connection.
4. Ensure that YOCutilizes leading edge Internet technology.
5. Assist in the identification of article topics; serve as peer reviewers of articles developed for YOC
6. Work with the YOCco-sponsor specialty societies to ensure that YOCcontent reflects the diversity of the intended audiences and the scope of orthopaedic practice.
7. Ensure that YOCcontent is coordinated with AAOS-hosted member Web sites ("OrthoDoc" sites).
8. Develop periodic online polls and surveys for YOCvisitors on health care topics.
9. Utilize market research data to guide activities and content development for YOC.
10. Establish criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of Your Orthopaedic Connectionand conduct periodic usability studies of the Web site
Reports to the Council on Education
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) year term; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For member, two (2) year term; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title):
Last updated: 01/06